[PD] GridFlow 0.7.2

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 25 04:28:43 CEST 2003

Here is a new release of GridFlow (a multi-dimensional dataflow processing
library for Ruby, jMax and PureData, specialized in pictures and video)

	http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/
	http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/download/gridflow-0.7.2.tar.gz

If you have any questions and/or want to talk, there is the #dataflow
chatroom on IRC.FreeNode.Net, where PD/jMax/MAX-like software is on-topic.

If you have any trouble installing GridFlow (or have any questions),
please send me an email about it, or see me on IRC.

+-------+-------+-------+-------
Important note to PD folks: this version includes a jmax->pd translator
(as a ruby script). it's not very solid yet, but I've included all the
example patches it was able to translate.
+-------+-------+-------+-------

version 0.7.2 (2003.04.24):

 * fixed bugs in: make install, jpeg reading
 * added support for float32
 * added direct .jmax decoding
 * added direct .pd encoding
 * pd examples moved to separate directory
 * ported some .jmax examples to .pd (automated) (8 out of 21)
 * added motion_detect.pd
 * new classes: demux, and more jmax emulations
 * @in, at out: keyword "option" may be omitted
 * configure: added --ruby-prefix
 * adding custom C++ pre-preprocessor
 * better type checking of message arguments (better error reporting too)
 * @print supports 3 dimensions, and msg "base" with arg 2,8,10,16
 * can now write loadbang-messages into an object box using the comma
 * major cleanup of the source code
 * added operator *>>8 (multiplication by value then division by 256)
 * new classes: @rgb_to_yuv, @yuv_to_rgb
 * @rotate now works with multiple axis (can work on 3D points, etc)

(the previous version was released on 2002.03.24)