[PD] teaching PD to newbies [WAS: Re: [GEM] GEM users request ]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 25 18:10:00 CEST 2003

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> Most people actually learn pd this way. They start out from something
> that already exists and learn by changing things. The danger of this
> approach is of course to miss some fundamental feature, but a tutorial
> designed top-down, could take care of this and cover everything.

Now this is an interesting thought. For several months I now have an
unfinished Pd-tutorial in $HOME/lyx that explains my old angriff drum
machine. It is botton-up in your terminology but that might really be
the wrong way. Especiall something like angriff is a higher level
object, that even an absolute beginner can "Just Use"(tm). Maybe I
went the wrong way and I should first explain. how to make some nice
drum loop, an then how this was done in the patch?

ciao