[PD] teaching PD to newbies [WAS: Re: [GEM] GEM users request ]

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Fri Apr 25 22:05:11 CEST 2003

Hello all,

This type of idea is inline with my eventual goal for the PDDP files.

I have felt that it's very important to, aside from brief and precise
explanations of the inlets/outlets and arguments of each object, offer at
least one example of the object being used in a real and typical situation.
I haven't written any complete tutorials, because I haven't felt that it was
part of the PDDP mandate -- however, I've been able to offer some
'real-world' examples of the objects in context.

As tutorials are written and completed I would like to provide web links in
the PDDP to relevant tutorials.  For example, if an online tutorial shows a
typical usage of [loadbang] (or anything else), then the [loadbang].pd help
document should provide a link to that tutorial.

Obviously, [loadbang] is rather straight forward, but other help files would
benefit a lot from online tutorials.

For those writing these wonderful tutorials - I would appreciate if you
contact me if you feel any of the PDDP files deserve a link to your
tutorial.

Regards,
Dave Sabine

p.s.: I like this thread a lot.  There have been some good ideas - many of
which are possible, important, and will make PD a more valuable and useable
tool for all users.