[PD] get MIDI to work

Bertrand Bry-Marfaing bbm29 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 04:05:29 CEST 2003

Hi

I am new to Pd.
After I downloaded the program, I started to look at the samples/tutorials
in the Doc folder.
My pleasure ended with number 17 (PART3. midi) when I couldn't get any midi
data in or out of Pd.
Also, when I start Pd, is written on the command prompt "not using midi
input (use 'pd -midiindev 1' to override)

What I understand is that I must create an object called pd -midiindev 1,
but it opens a subpatch. (which seems logical if it is what pd objects are
for.)
I am affraid I don't understand the nature and the solution of my problem.

I would appreciate if you can help me with what should be a simple problem.
Here are some technical information about my situation:
OS: windows XP
I have two different cards for audio and midi applications.
There is no problem when I use midi with any other program.

Thanks

Bertrand