[PD] netsend/netreceive > java || director ?

enrike at ixi-software.net enrike at ixi-software.net
Mon Apr 28 12:47:04 CEST 2003

hi

About comunicating PD to Director:
if you are interested on netsend netreceive to comunicate PD to Director i did
some stuff in that direction but never got Director to receive from PD, only
sending Dir to PD.

however i think its much better to use Flashserver external for PD to
communicate (by importing flash into director, so the comunication is Dir ->
Flash -> PD). Its quite eficient and not that complex to set.

but the very best solution would be to use OSCar Xtra for Director (only in
Mac) that allows to send OSC messages from director and OSC external on
PD

you can find some examples of different methods we have explored and we
prepared for some students in the following page:
http://www.ixi-software.net/iua/

if you discover some nicer way to do it please email me about it.
i would also be interested to see if you discover some fully working system ro
code to communicate Java and PD via OSC.