[PD] [OT] successful methods for PD seminars

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Wed Apr 30 06:41:48 CEST 2003

Hello,

If you have a significant amount of time with the group I might be inclined
to:

1.  Determine the disparate levels of skills and knowledge of each person.

2.  Then, assuming that you'll likely have some who know very little, and
some who know considerably MORE, I would organize the conference into a
series of workshops.  TOPIC + workshop wherein you can oversee the work of
each group, but each group also has one of the more advanced users.  Have
the group teach the group.

I would think it's more important to NOT leave the inexperienced users in
the dust; rather than try to titillate the more experienced.  If both can be
achieved then great!

Hmmm...
Inexperienced users want to learn a lot.
Experienced users can learn through the process of teaching the
inexperienced.  Every teacher/professor will agree that the best way to
learn something is to explain it to others.

Moving directly from the "patching paradigm" to a jam session is a really
big leap for inexperienced users...although definitely an enjoyable activity
which would prove the software's usability and effectively in live
performance to everybody involved.

Good luck...and if this festival ever comes to Canada, please keep me in
mind!

Regards,
Dave S