[PD] Help with 'pointer'

Michael McGonagle fndsnd at rcnchicago.com
Thu May 1 00:25:36 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I was looking at the 'help' for 'pointer' (what comes up when you select
help from the popup menu, or right-click), and it seems to me that
something is not working as it is describe to. There are two examples
within this file, the first will traverse thru a list of objects, but it
only prints the fact that it has an object, and no more.

The second example appears to be showing how to identify the type of
object that is returned from 'pointer'. When I click on the 'traverse'
message to reset the 'pointer', and then use next to go thru the
objects, it prints out each object as 'other'. I am assuming this means
that it is unable to identify the object type.

Am I understanding this correctly, is this "broken"???

Also, I seem to remember reading about how the names for objects are
constructed, but I can seem to find that reference again. Could someone
point me where it is??

Thanks,

Mike