[PD] [OT] successful methods for PD seminars

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Thu May 1 01:31:37 CEST 2003

Hi Dave, List,

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Sabine" <dave at davesabine.com>
> If you have a significant amount of time with the group I might be
inclined
> to:
>
> 1.  Determine the disparate levels of skills and knowledge of each person.
>
> 2.  Then, assuming that you'll likely have some who know very little, and
> some who know considerably MORE, I would organize the conference into a
> series of workshops.  TOPIC + workshop wherein you can oversee the work of
> each group, but each group also has one of the more advanced users.  Have
> the group teach the group.

The problem here is that the sessions will be spread over a few days - only
be 2 hours long each and will be lecture style - a computer, a projector and
some mics.  This is the nature of the festival and we don't really have the
resources to do otherwise.

Definitely not optimal... as you point out.  So we're trying to work out the
best way of working in the format that we're limited to.

Thanks for your ideas.
Daniel