[PD] gem: can i get a geo's to tell me where they are in *pixels* ?

Josh Steiner joschi at eds.org
Mon May 5 01:20:10 CEST 2003

hey gemians,

I'm trying to do some stuff with gem where the user can click on objects
in the gem window, but so far i havnt found and easy way to tell what a
polygon's dimensions and location are in screen pixels.  i can do a
calculation knowing the zoom level and the size of hte gem window, but
this get more complex if i am looking at objects at different z-depths
and if objects overlap and such.  so, is there a way to get a polygon to
tell me its screen coordinates in pixels with GEM?

also related, right now the user can resize the gem window which utterly
destroys any calculation i am making, is there a way of finding out how
big the gem window is after a resize?

thanks a lot,  i've got a couple really cool GEM example patches in
development that i'll be publishing in the next few weeks :)

-josh

independent u.s. drum'n'bass -- http://vitriolix.com