[PD] flext, threading

august august at alien.mur.at
Mon May 5 16:19:55 CEST 2003

Thomas,

is it possible to use the flext API as a wrapper for pthreads?

what I have is one class, the main class, called readanysf.cpp.  in that
is the  FLEXT_HEADER(readanysf, flext_dsp).

this file then creates other c++ objects as container structures to play
audio.  Inside one of these (the one for playing mp3 streaming from the
net, called ReadMadUrl.cpp), I'd like to start another thread.  However, I
couldn't figure out how (if possible) to set up the class so that it
inherits properly from flext without it having to be a pd object itself.

At the moment I'm doing it with pthread calls directly.  But, if possible,
I'd like to use the flext API to try to keep things uniform.

Is this possible?

- august.