[PD] Linux PPC suggestions

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Mon May 5 21:55:22 CEST 2003

I have successfully used debian.  However, if you're new to Linux, the installation might be a little scary at first.  I recently installed Mandrake on a friend's computer (I think it was a pismo) and been able to run pd and few other audio apps without a fuss.  Mandrake is pretty user-friendly.

I used to run YellowDog on an old PPC 7200 (actually, still use it for burning CDs) but I was not impressed with that distro.  But again, they might have improved.  It's been a longtime.

I had debian happilly running on an iMac 350MHz.  With blackbox as a WM to minimize the load.

HTH

./MiS