[PD] flext, threading

august august at alien.mur.at
Mon May 5 21:48:36 CEST 2003

> > readanysf~ is almost ready for a 01 release.  it can already resample
> > (with varispeed play) using libresample and can play mp3 streams from
> > the net.  just needs some more debugging.  any volunteers?
>
> Here!

ok, you can download what I have now at :

	http://aug.ment.org/software/readanysf~0.09.tar.gz

developers and debuggers release only.

you will need libmad, libogg, libvorbis, libflac, & libsamplerate
<http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/>

ill try to get everything in order with some dokumentation and windows
.dll's  soon.  also, I need to come up with a decent makefile.

anyone know of a better tequnique than autoconf, automake?  I'd really
hate to have to go that route.

-august.

PS:  one thing.  If you have a low blocksize and switch from opening a mp3
stream to opening another file (or stream) it may hang pd for a bit.  this
seems to happen because it is trying to fill a buffer chunk from the net
and needs to finish before it can return.  I'm not sure if PD can handle
this, but it seems to be ok on my machine.