[PD] [inlet], [outlet].

pix pix at test.at
Wed May 7 11:16:53 CEST 2003

the more i think about it, the more i become a fan of the existing way of
doing things ;)

the importance of horizontal order makes it easier to see which connection
points on the object correspond to which [inlets] in the patch. with
numbered inlet, this would just become a convention, and would make for
some needlessly hard to understand patches.

if you are dynamically generating patches and don't want to worry about
display (so most objects are created at 0,0), perhaps just put the number
that you would have put as a parameter to [inlet] in the x value of the
object. eg, inlet 1 is drawn at 1,0 and inlet 2 is drawn at 2,0 etc.

pix.