[PD] [inlet], [outlet].

Josh Steiner joschi at eds.org
Wed May 7 19:03:53 CEST 2003

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

>On 6 May 2003, Marc Lavallée wrote:
>

>>Josh Steiner wrote :
>>

>>>marc, its just not feasible to change that this late in the game, every
>>>single pd patch ever writen would break if miller made this change.
>>>

>>It would only break patches that depends on the connection order; since
>>we mostly use [trigger] when timing is critical, it wouldn't break
>>"that" many patches.
>>

>Since neither outlet nor inlet currently has any arguments (as far as I
>know), it shouldn't break any patches if arguments were introduced.
>
>Personally, I think the idea is very good.
>
>In addition, I would very much like if created inlet and outlet objects
>automaticly get a unique color when created.
>(For example: green background -> inlet, red background -> outlet)

the context is getting lost in all the cutting people are doing :)

in my post quoted above i'm *not( talking about outlet/inlet numbers,
i'm talking about marc's suggestion of changing execution order to be
determined by right/left position rather than connection order.

independent u.s. drum'n'bass -- http://vitriolix.com