[PD] flext for win

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri May 9 08:29:44 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> > i only have cygwin here and can't compile flext to support
> > threading.
>
> you have to use a newer version of cygwin with a gcc-3.x compiler.
> Threading should work then

Oh, I didn't see yet, that you also provide Cygwin-configs (I didn't
have time to look). So this means, that with a recent Cygwin (or also
MinGW?) I can build flext and flext-ernals on Windows without needing
to buy an expensive MS-product that's not included in W2000?

I'll have to take a deeper look, because maybe then I can provide
W32-versions of my externals in the future myself ;)

It would be cool to have a little tutorial on how to make W32 and OS-X
ready to compile externals (flext and others), btw. Linux comes with
the needed tools built in.

ciao