[PD] flext for win

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Fri May 9 11:29:47 CEST 2003

> With regards the dll thing, is it possible to compiule
> a flext external with the MinGW, this would mean that
> you do not need a seperate dll to run the external?
> But by using MinGW I think they're might be problems
> with threading issues? I know that for example I just
> tried to compile a simple soundapp I had which
> compiles in Cygwin using MinGW and I got many many
> errors about pthread.h? Has anyone else had similar
> problem with MinGW, I would be interested to know?

Hi Rory,
i have not tried to compile with MinGW. I'll do so in the near future...
One word to threading.... threading need not be used. It's an option for
flext, enabled with -DFLEXT_THREADS.
So, most externals which don't use threading at all could compile just fine
with BorlandC++ or also MinGW.

greetings,
Thomas