[PD] (no subject)

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Fri May 9 15:02:27 CEST 2003

bog,
I read:
> i'm looking for some TV tuner card with good and stable relationship
> to pd... usb prefereble.. linux should be great... thanx

generally all those bt878 based tv tuner cards (hauppauge, miro) work
well with pdp or gem under linux bu these are pci based.

I have successfully used a hauppauge wintv usb under linux (and at least
one other person on this list has this working too). The two remaining
problems with usb tuners are 1. the linux driver doesn't support the
compression of the device yet (i.e. low framerate <10fps usually) 2. even
if compression would work it's cpu intensive and still not as good as full
pal video via pci.

see also http://usbvision.sourceforge.net/ and
http://www.emuit.com/webcam.html

HTH