[PD] "vis 1" messages

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Sat May 10 03:43:23 CEST 2003

Ben,

         Here I just fixed it for you and sent the changed version. If you
don't understand what's going on let me know.

         Oh, I don't know what the "editmode" command that you have in your
patch is supposed to point to; I just pointed it to the graphics portion of
the patch (which I've stuck in a subpatch). If you want it to apply to the
processing portion of the patch you may want to further nest everything in
a parent subpatch and have the editmode point to that parent. Once again,
let me know if I'm not communicating this very well...

         I've been doing a lot of abstraction work like this, so I use this
trick all the time. If it helps you should check out the abstractions I'm
distributing on my site, they might provide other insights...

         I see you've been talking to Matt ;), Chalmers hasn't given me any
indication of when they're going to accept me (why wouldn't they? :) So I
wait with baited breath...

David

At 21:18 09/05/2003 -0400, bbogart at ryerson.ca wrote:
>Hey David,
>
>Its being sent from inside the abstraction.
>
>I'm not sure about your suggestions, I can send the message to pd-xy.pd
>(where xy.pd is the filename of my abstraction) sending to the receive
>makes all instances of the abstraction visible. What receive can I send to
>in order to only open the abstraction who receives the signal to generate
>that message?
>
>; pd-xy.pd vis 1
>
>is my message
>
>I tried $0-xy.pd vis 1 / pd-$0 vis 1 / pd-$0-xy.pd vis 1 / etc...
>
>Here is my patch for clarification.
>
>Ben
>
>PS: When do you hear about getting into Chalmers?

.
. David McCallum
.  Music wants to be free
. http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/