[PD] cvs Gem on linux, error message

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat May 10 16:55:02 CEST 2003

hi,
Martin Dupras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled gem from cvs on my rh9 linux box, and gem works, but when I
> try to apply a texture, I get mostly vertical green lines, and I get a
> console error:
>
> 'Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".'
this seems to me like a configuration-error of the X-server. is DRI
enabled ?

> This is happening on a radeon mobility 9000 (laptop graphics.) It
> doesn't seem like an incompatibility with the card though, as I've got
> gem running perfectly fine on the same box using win2k.
note that although your graphics card might support it, this does not
necessarily mean, that your drivers (for a certain OS) support it.
however, i don't think that your drivers do not (yet) support texturing....
which drivers are you using ?

mfg.as.rd
IOhannes