[PD] Pd 0.36, Win XP and the disappearing objects...

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu mauriziopuxeddu at yahoo.it
Mon May 12 16:49:40 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 16:33, sandra pauletto wrote:
> mmmhhh, my patch doesn't reappear at all.
> What do you mean with "when PD starts correctly", as far as i know it does
> starts correctly....is there something i should check??

Nothing to check. What I meant is that I used to start PD with

pd -open my-main-patch.pd

and when I had a problem similar to your, I just shut down PD, cross
fingers and re-launch it. Most of the time it worked in few attempts.
Not exactly something you would find in Knuth's book but it worked if
you just wanted to make music.

Your patches are not lost. Try closing subpatches (if any) with a text
editor or try another version of PD. Try also removing GUI subpatches
(if possible) from the main patch.

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.