[PD] DC weirdness, any ideas?

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Mon May 12 19:53:11 CEST 2003

All,
         I was looking at a diskwrite in Sound Forge of a set I did and
noticed something really strange, and was hoping that someone here could
explain it. If you take a look at
http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/images/dc.png you can see there's some sort
of weird DC increase near the end of the track (the scale is in minutes,
btw, not seconds).

         My signal chain for this is a delay (infinite) -> LP -> EQ ->
reverb -> compressor~ (set as a limiter).

         The delay is scrubbed and screwed with, so that every change is
recursive in the delay line. Dunno if that has something to do with it, but
near the weird DC part all I was doing was adding sound to the line.

         Any ideas? This totally baffles me.

David

.
. David McCallum