[PD] pure-data.org

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Tue May 13 02:34:45 CEST 2003

stm_sq^n wrote :

> the right question would be, is such a website is really needed ?

Each time I try to find new information about PD, I click and google the
web forever. The pd webring, spider and other url lists are useful, but
what's needed now is a unique collaborative portal, where all softwares,
externals, documentation and tutorials would be collected, adapted,
corrected, standardized, translated...

> Anyway: I could figure that pd.org could be a new home for
> pd.sf.net, with the traditional strong user focus on the main page.
> I'd be willing to keep help maintain it. I also could provide
> customized content management code - but only using the Webware
> Application Server in Python, that my site runs on. I cannot (or
> better: don't want) write PHP :(

Since you prefer Python to PHP, take a look at the Nuxeo CPS kit
for Zope, which is designed to manage collaborative portals:
http://www.nuxeo.org/
http://www.cps-project.org/

I'd be willing to help.

Christian Klippel wrote:

> but the management of the site has to be done by others, since
> i have no spare time. i just can provide the infastructure.

With the help of a collaborative portal, the others would be developpers
and users. It doesn't have to be nuxeo, but it should be easy to use.

d <dieb13 at klingt.org> wrote:

> that's why a "central" site with a simple name might help to spread
> the word.

We could try to build a test site and tranfer pure-data.org later.

--
Marc

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas.
 I'm frightened of the old ones." (John Cage)