[PD] pure-data.org

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Tue May 13 15:26:52 CEST 2003

David Casal wrote :

> I am not advocating that we launch into Cocoon for the PD portal,
> however (though that -could- be a good idea), since I suspect
> that Zope-like solutions might be easier to develop maintain...

Most Java solutions for the web are overbloated.  If Forest is good for
a specific task like documentation, and if it's manageable, it's worth
the try, as long as it's simple enough. For the portal, I don't know if
Python is simpler than PHP, but the available portal kit seems better in
Python than in PHP.

--
Marc

"it is easier to introduce new complications than to resolve the old
ones." (Neal Stephenson)