[PD] PD Launcher/External Manager

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Tue May 13 15:51:02 CEST 2003

David McCallum wrote :
> My Pd launcher's no more than a custom DOS .bat file that let's
> you turn Framestein and ASIO drivers on/off at runtime.

I use the same technique in Linux with a shell script.

> And as a windows user I have to ask this, how cross-platform are
> you intending this to be?

Tcl/Tk. The launcher would list the externals with their descriptions,
and checkboxes would activate them. If an internet source is provided it
would first download and install the externals. Isn't there a Windows
mechanism to install softwares from the network?

--
Marc

"L'homme n'est pas fait pour travailler, la preuve c'est que cela le
fatigue." (Voltaire)