[PD] pure-data.org

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Tue May 13 18:33:43 CEST 2003

Frank Barknecht wrote :

> (BTW.: We still state, that externals on SF need to use the GPL.
> I don't think this is correct, they just need an open source,
> maybe OSI-approved license. So maybe in the end cyclone could
> also go into the CVS).

See section 6 of the "SourceForge.net Terms and Conditions of Use":
(http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=6048&group_id=1

Of course, the GPL is better, but SF restrict hosting of projects with
an OSI approved license, so pure-data.sourceforge.net should not
restrict hosting only to GPLed externals. The introduction text could
invite developers to release their externals with a GPL compatible
license.

--
Marc

"C'est toujours facile de dire après ce qu'il fallait faire avant !"
(Jean-Luc Godard)