[PD] total newbie: making pd work

Andrea Valle marta_andrea at libero.it
Tue May 13 21:39:12 CEST 2003

Hi to all,
I've just subscribed.
Ok, it's an idiot question. I downloaded the zip for win and read the FAQ:
"To use Pd at this stage you will need some patience and a sense of
adventure. You might also need to be comfortable compiling and debugging
software written for C and UNIX".
Now, I've got the sense of adventure and a lot of patience but I am not
confortable in compiling C.
Effectively, at the very moment I don't know what to do.

Is it possible to try to use pd anycase? I mean: are there some resources on
the web like "pd for *real* dummies: how to compile it"?
Any suggestion is the most welcome.

Thanks a lot and sorry.

-a-