[PD] pure-data.org

ritsch at iem.at ritsch at iem.at
Tue May 13 21:38:27 CEST 2003

Hello,

Since we just changed our whole iem-site to CMS zope/plone (http://plone.org),
we also have to migrate the pd.iem.at.

So I can offer on our sever not only enough space (gigabytes) but also a
pd/plone/zope system (eg.http://plone.org/) with personalized login (free
join), user home space and multimdia publishing system. We have the server on
the university-net in austria which is a 300~MBit connection.

The good thing plone can offer a delegation of trees inside the site (we can
install a poll system ?-) . Everyone can bring up a thread-tree in his folder
or gets owner rights on otherfolders. So collaboration can be handeld dynamicly
and a lot of documentstypes are supported.

the bad thing  ;-)) is someone has to put information in it and do a basic
review on content to be published (since we dont want non-pd related stuff on
it). Some adminstration task could be done by our institute admins but content
beyond central pd info/services and iem-product info should be handeld by
someone else.

- The have it as a central site the need is that poeple help on the content. -

also a cvs-server will be set up, since sourceforge is sometimes slow and we
need to force people on our intstitute to make their development in cvs (or
subversion) in future as an addition do pd.sourceforgenet

Time: start in 2 weeks -> recruting, debugging -> mid june stable.

mfg winfried ritsch

PS: The long term goal:

 - We are working on a pd-plugin on important browsers (ready in autumn) and pd
as an audio-  and 3D-renderer on multichannels streams based on a database over
the net (see http://iaem.net/, http://iaem.net/iaem/doc/Papers/aes03.pdf )
should be established. So pd.iem.at could be driven also by pd as an audio-
streaming server with access from the site.