[PD] detecting tempo & sending paths to PD

enrike at ixi-software.net enrike at ixi-software.net
Wed May 14 19:13:59 CEST 2003

hi

here there are a couple of problems i have been tryng to solve with no luck.

first : i have a patch that samples and manipulates the sound coming from a
guy playing drumms. I need to calculate the tempo of the drumm player.
i have been trying to find some external to do this. but coulnt find any.
could anyone point me to some solution for this?

second problem. i need to pass the path of a sound file in the harddrive to pd
via flashserver.
PD seems to have problems with spaces on file and folder names.
if i send C:\my sounds\mysound.wav the whole things gets transformed into
something like C:myoundsmysound.wav
if i prepend "symbol" to the path then PD thinks its a list with several items
being the spaces the separation.
i have tried several tricks but none works.

thanks