[PD] detecting tempo & sending paths to PD

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Wed May 14 21:04:07 CEST 2003

enrike at ixi-software.net schrieb:

> I need to calculate the tempo of the drumm player.
> i have been trying to find some external to do this. but coulnt find any.
> could anyone point me to some solution for this?

You could try 'rhythm' or 'beat' from maxlib
(http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/maxlib/). Use env~ or something like
this to find the beats in the audio signal and feed the bangs into one of the two
objects.

> second problem. i need to pass the path of a sound file in the harddrive to pd
> via flashserver.
> PD seems to have problems with spaces on file and folder names.
> [...]
> i have tried several tricks but none works.

The trick is to avoid spaces in folder and file names... Sorry, no way around this
in Pd, afaik.

Olaf