[PD] Help! PD glitching on Mac OS X... (to Adam L)

Adam Lindsay atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Wed May 14 23:50:22 CEST 2003

Hello, Michael,

I don't know, I'm stumped from the information you've given. Which system
software version are you using? You haven't changed Tcl/Tk at all?

*If* you want to wipe things completely and reinstall with the extended
installer, there are four things to delete:
/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework
/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework
/usr/local/pd
...and the various Pd and TclTk receipts (.pkg) in:
/Library/Receipts

That ought to be enough to make sure you're doing a clean install and not
an upgrade.

Oh, and just for good measure, try running "repair disk permissions"
using Disk Utility.app. It's the equivalent of the zap PRAM/rebuild
desktop voodoo magic we had to do in the nineties.

good luck!
adam

 Adam T. Lindsay                      atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Computing Dept, Lancaster University   +44(0)1524/594.537
 Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/593.608