[PD] electric guitar effects for PD?

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Thu May 15 01:34:24 CEST 2003

Hello everyone -
I'm interested in trying some PD objects that model common
electric-guitar effects.  I have a project I'm working on for which I'm
currently sending MIDI out to an external effects processor, but I think
it's crying out for an all-software, all-within-pd implementation.  I've
searched the list archives, and so far have found Yves Degoyon's page
with wahwah~ and Disto~:

http://ydegoyon.free.fr/software.html

I'm just wondering if any other guitar players out there have been
crafting their favorite effects for PD.

On a related note, has anybody used PD with an electric guitar and amp,
in place of a hardware-based effects processor? (I currently use a POD
2.0 for my live effects)  I'm curious to what extent people are using PD
to replace hardware-based gear like this.

thanks!
David Merrill