[PD] A beginners question.....

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 15 14:21:47 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Shintaro Miyazaki hat gesagt: // Shintaro Miyazaki wrote:

> I just downloaded the installer for OSX from
> http://homepage.mac.com/atl/pd/installers.html
>
> and started to learn PD. So far I am playing around with several
> downloaded patches.
> I am still standing before a huge amount of trees...

I can feel with you: Pd is daunting at first. But with patience you
will get into it.

> I wanted to ask if I can record the soundout of PD to aif or wav onto
> my harddisk?

Yes. There is an object that does just that and it is calle
[writesf~]. If you right-click on it (or Ctrl-Click? I don't know the
Mac...), then you can select "Help" and get an explanation of how it
works.

> Can I do that with "Audio Hijack?"

You don't need to.

> Maybe I just need anthoer patch????? And whats the difference between
> patch and external???

A patch is something, that you can edit inside of Pd. If you click on
it and it opens, it's a (sub-)patch. An external is a binary object,
that can load in Pd. It does not have a name ending in .pd  but one
of .pd_darwin, .pd_linux or .dll

> sorry for the stupid questions.

There are no stupid questions but those, no asked. Oh no, proverbial
time... ;)

ciao