[PD] readanysf~ CPU load

august august at alien.mur.at
Thu May 15 17:34:00 CEST 2003

> > Probably it has nothing to do with this object.
> > I think there are some dark sides of Pure Data CPU usage.
>
> Might be...
>
> I observed another stange thing with readany, though: To load it for
> the first time, takes very long - much longer than all other libraries
> together. Does anyone know the reason for this? I suspect some memory
> allocation...

where do you have readanysf~ installed?  maybe pd is looking for it.

otherwise, there is one internal buffer that gets allocated at the
beginning.  its 16*4*4096 = 262144 bytes large.  quite large actually.
this could come down to 64k and still be usefull I think.  maybe even 32k.
probably even best to make it variable according to init paramaters.

ill try and do some testing.

-august.