[PD] pd on gericom masterpiece 2440

Rory Walsh rorytheroar at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 17:56:02 CEST 2003

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but what happened
with this story? Does anyone use a Gericom laptop for
Pd, how is the audio? Can anyone recommend a Gericom?
Those prices do look tempting?

Rory.

hi,

i'm about to buy my very first notebook :) and saw
this on media-markt=20
(germany)

http://shop.mediamarkt.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?produc=
tId=3D16005&catalogId=3D5000&langId=3D-3&storeId=3D5000&categoryId=3D1000=
1

it's a GERICOM Masterpiece 2440
- P4 2,4GHz
- 512MB
- ATI Mobility Radeon 9000, 64MB
- etc...

my only worry is that does linux (i prefer suse) and
PD+GEM work on this=20
machine. specially that ATI chip. on my desktop with
geforce2mx440 i didn=
't=20
get the 3D drivers from nvidia to work :(...audio ist
mir wurst, because =
i=20
will buy an usb/firewire audio interface later...

so, if any1 has/heard this machine with linux+pd+gem,
let me know...
i will be buying it tomorrow, a special sonday here in
frankfurt, the sho=
ps=20
are open form 13 to 18 :))))

cheers
-andre
ps. i'm pretty sure that pd+gem will work on windows
with this machine, b=
ut i=20
WANT linux...