[PD] pure-data.org

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu May 15 18:27:33 CEST 2003

Finally catching up on my email, now that finals are done.  So here are
some of my thoughts on this thread:

- I also can provide DNS and free webspace for this site.  It would be
hosted on a Debian-I386 box and I could setup whatever software we
decided on.

- I am definitely willing to do a lot of setup work this summer, and
some of the maintanance for the for the forseeable future.  But it
should be set up in a way that we can have numerous maintainers.

- I was already planning on making two sections to the existing site:
"downloads" and "getting help"

- I like the blog aspect of the current site and I think it could
develop into an important resource.  I also think that web forums would
be very useful, especially if they could be linked with the pd-list.

- Of all of the offers on the table, I think that the IEM one is the
best.  We get the fat pipe, plenty of disk space, and some maintanance.

- I am more partial to PHP since I already know it a bit and it seems
to be a wider standard.  But if the concensus is Python or whatever, I
am willing to learn.  Plone looks promising.

- I think what we should do now before commiting to a new model for the
site is throw out examples of sites out there that we think we should
emulate.

- To all the people proposing various software, an simple example of
that software would be most enlightening.

OK, gotta run, I'll post later on the "website tools" thread.