[PD] OSC and net objects

d.jc jdl at xdv.org
Fri May 16 13:17:58 CEST 2003

[Andrey Savitsky]->[[PD] OSC and net objects]->[03-05-16 12:46]

 |Hello all. Could you explain to me in a few words where is the
 |difference between using of OSC protocol and netreceive-netsend pd
 |objects?

its slightly different protocols.

messages on netsend/receive are plain textterminated with ';' (FUDI).

OSC protocol is just a bit more elaborated and includes fields for
message length, timetags, typetags, etc outside of the messages'
dataspace.

theres not much difference really except that your peer might more
readily understand OSC than FUDI.

_j