[PD] what pure-data.org needs to have

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri May 16 14:16:22 CEST 2003

David Casal writes:
>On Thu, 15 May 2003, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Here's a quick list I just compiled of what all the new pure-data.org
>> could have:
>>
>> "getting help"
>> 	docs
>> 	tutorials
>
>(sorry to bang on about a different webtech, again)
>
>seems to me that PD docs could benefit hugely from having
>dynamically-generated PDF, Printable and XML versions, like
>http://xml.apache.org/forrest/index.html
>
>I do realise we are now talking about Plone, or webware, etc. but I think
>being able to outsource/print and get pdfs of our docs will become useful
>in the future. Any way to do this in the frameworks we've been talking
>about?

thats true we use htmldoc from HTML-sources and
docbook, where there is an Interface on the Plone. So Poeple who
writes XML/Docbook could use the server to render PDFs and HTML.
anyhow there is just an XML-Parser, wich also handles OpenOffice
Documents as XML-Source, but I think many people just write
structered text or html or tex, which I want to be supported, anyhow I
have to test these. (We need this for our Lessons).

mfg winfried