[PD] What kind of processing would you call this?

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Fri May 16 21:07:50 CEST 2003

hi chad,

i think you can call this both waveshaping and phase (or frequency)
modulation. maybe you can even say this is the point where both methods
'touch'.

it's waveshaping because it's a nonlinear mapping function. and it's phase
modulation with a carrier frequency equal to zero (and a phase offset).

i've used it before in some pieces and i've heard other people mentioning it
too.

tom