[PD] pure-data.org rough layout

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat May 17 15:21:58 CEST 2003

Hallo,

> 	- About PureData
> 		front page with concise explanation of pd

I think, the front page itself should only have a very short
explanation of Pd. The front page should rather have various news and
stories instead. The current pd.org is a good example of a start page
as I'd like it.

> 	- Development
> 		how to join the SourceForge project
> 		list of current projects/developers

I'm not sure if Development shouldn't be fully divided into the other
sections, like "Documentation -> For developers: External HOWTO...",
"Downloads -> For developers: flext, ..." But then, Dev. is probably a
big part of the site, so it might be valid to have a section for it.
And we need a section for "Users" as well, then.

> 	- Documentation
> 		pd docs
> 		Tutorials
> 		Development

+ Mailing list archives and subscription page.

Is a web forum also a Doc? Maybe we could have a subsection: "Getting
help" here, that includes the list archive, the Wiki and a web forum.

> 	- Downloads
> 		pure-data.sf.net packages
> 		pd-gem.sf.net packages
> 		links to sites of other externals

I suppose, "search PDB" would be better placed here, with direct links
to the externals.

> 	- Public Relations (need a better name)
> 		 news
> 		 announcements
> 		 blog?

What about just calling this section "News"? The general PR-part could
then go to "About PD".

ciao