[PD] could anyone possibly knows...

Jie Ma jma3 at student.monash.edu
Sun May 18 14:22:37 CEST 2003

sorry to post this again, but this is really urgent for me. even just a
answer like 'yes pd can do this' or 'no, this is not possible for pd'
would help.

thanks a million

the original msg is below

---------------------------------------
dear list

 i'm wondering whether there's any mean to tell which specific window
 triggers fiddle's frequency output, or when?

 from my understanding when we play a duration of sound into fiddle, the
 value of pitch, and the numbers of outputs are affected by the window
 size we use, the amp, vibrato and re-attack threshold we choose etc. so
 i don't know among all those windows of fiddle, which specific window
 trigger fiddle to generate a pitch output. and it'd be really great if
 there's a way to tell when's the output triggering. because sometimes
 the 2nd harmonic is much stronger or attacks much faster than the
 fundamental one, which creates error in detection. i think it's nice to
 know when the output is triggered so we could track the waveform and
 explain where the error is from, and therefore adjusting threshold to
 eliminate the error.

 any hints would be really grateful as this issue is critically
important
 to me. thanks beforehand.

 regards