[PD] pd / win 2K / midi / sysex

Cyrille Henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Mon May 19 22:18:50 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to send midi sysex mesages with PD.

I have an error while opening
pd0.37 -midiout 1
could not open midi output device number 1: PortMidi: 'Invalid device ID'

(PD -listdev is ok : pd see my USB motu fastlane.)

with Pd 36, things are better : pd midiout -1 work without any problem.

all midi out object (ctlout, noteout, etc) work find exept midiout.

Midiout works when I use it to send control change or note message, but
when I try to send sysex, every data beetween the 0xF0 and 0xF7
(begin/end of sysex) put "MIDI out error 1" in the log.

I' running pd on 2 computer with both win 2K, Pd 0.36 and a MOTU
fastlane (USB).

I found a old mail in the list about sysex.

does something change about sysex?
does midi sysex work on linux?

thank's

Cyrille