[PD] flashserver in darwin?

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Tue May 20 10:09:01 CEST 2003

jose manuel berenguer schrieb:

> when instantiating flashserver i'm always getting the following message :
>
> /Users/josemanu/pd36/extra/flashserver/flashserver.pd_darwin: couldn't load
>   flashserver 31337 256
> ... couldn't create

I once compiled this version on Mac OS X 10.1.5. Are you using 10.2? Did you put
your flashserver.pd_darwin in the right directory?
Anyway, there is a newer version with some bug fixes. I have 10.2.6. here (only
need to download the latest dev-tools from Apple) and will try to get it
compiled.

> onPData function (in the flash frontend, overriding the XML.onData
> event handler) don't seems to be receiving any data.

This is because Flash expects incoming data to be terminated with '/0' (i.e.
null terminated). Pd just terminates with the semi.
That's why I made flashserver as addition to netserver.

stay tuned,
Olaf