[PD] [OT] notebook recommendations?

shreeswifty bigswift at ufl.edu
Wed May 21 00:27:55 CEST 2003

well it of course depends on your patience :-)
It took me quite a while to install a proper linux build on my
Sony Vaio Laptop.
If you have not tossed the thing yet i would recommend that you get a
version of Redhat
7.3 or 8 and install the .rpms at PLanet CRMA
(grab the ACPI Kernel under System..that should fix your soundcard and or
modem problem i am betting.

Pat