[PD] [OT] notebook recommendations?

Jaakko Prättälä Jaakko.Prattala at Helsinki.FI
Wed May 21 01:57:26 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 00:30, JoXo Miguel Pais wrote:
> I have a negative experience to share: avoid mixing Compaq presario 700 and
> Suse. The normal audiocard (soundmax) was impossible to configure (modem as
> well), until eventually lost my patience. I would say that computers that
> are perfect for windows don't work always in linux. Maybe buying a system
> that comes already with linux is the best choice (some shops and sites in
> the internet have that choice already).
>
> João

Me too; a negative experience... no, let me think...
a (painful) learning experience. Don't mix hp xe4100 with
the rme hdsp cardbus thingy. After a couple of months of fighting
I'm now looking to buy a new laptop in which I can run pd through
the hdsp under linux. Everything works in windows though (sigh).

Anyone using hdsp(cardbus&multiface)+pd on linux successfully?
On which laptop?