[PD] [OT] notebook recommendations?

shreeswifty bigswift at ufl.edu
Wed May 21 04:34:07 CEST 2003

Gosh
i never knew there was so much troubles
i am successfully running linux redhat 7.3 on
Sony Vaio PCG-GRX560 with 1.8 GHz and 512 MBram

i got the Modem,audio card jogdial and ALSA w/usb emi2|6 (stereo)
and a midiman w/slidemate running in pd

There were nightmares initially regarding acpi and usb management
but i joined a few lists and patched a custom kernel
(before i found Nando world ...or ..er Planet..lol...

i even got DVD playback (with ogle) and xmms playing cd-audio
if anybody needs help
please let me know

Patrick Pagano
Research and Development Assistant