[PD] Jamma

matthew jones M.Jones at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed May 21 12:05:49 CEST 2003

> Although I have both, Jamma doesn't load here. Pd sits still trying to
> load it for a while, then crashes. With "-loadbang" it gets a bit
> farther and once displayed the Jama, but then it crached anyways.
>
> I don't have an 8-channel soundcard, though, so I might not be
> supposed to be able to run it, because the requirements aren't met.

sorry Frank, don't know what that can be.  I've managed remote installs on a
variety of windows platforms, some with just 2-channel soundblasters and it
never crashes.  I would suggest that you don't have enough RAM, as it
requires more than the standard 128 Mb quota.  If this is true, one fix
would be to edit the jamma.pd patch in a text editor and change the table
sizes (on all 24 tables) down from 2646000 down to 1323000 or something.
That'll bring the available record time down to 30s and maybe reduce it
below the 128 requirement.

btw: I'm not using gop's.

matt