[PD] flashserver

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Wed May 21 14:32:57 CEST 2003

Michael Nisi schrieb:

> how do i have to structure my xml-calls in flash?
>
> <xml>
>         <data symbol="volume" value="228.8" />
>         <data symbol="decay" value="323.4" />
> </xml>

That's exactly how it should look like. But I haven't tried to put more than
one lines between <xml> & </xml>: flashserver uses a very simple routine for
parsing xml input, don't know if it will work with more than one lines.

> how do i route them in pd?

Try [unpack s f].

> --  i receive the first element just fine. but what if i have 2 values. i'm
> trying to send x,y value pairs from a flash-animation to pd.

The XML support is very limited and only allows to send / receive
symbol-value(float)-pairs. If you want to send other values / data types you
should use the 'normal' method by doing somehting like this in flash:

  fudi = symbol + " " + value1 + " " + value2 + ";"
  pd.send(fudi);

This also allows to mix data types. In the end the string you send has to look
something like this:

"position 23 173;"

Olaf