[PD] Newbie OSX MIDI question

Shintaro Miyazaki shintaro.miyazaki at stud.unibas.ch
Thu May 22 03:36:04 CEST 2003

Hi,

I wonder how I can use my MIDI Keyboard with PD.
I tried to test MIDI with the testtone patch, but it didnt work.

I have installed the easyinstaller for OSX made by Adam T. Lindsay.
And my MIDI Keyboard is correctly installed, which I can see at the
MIDI Option Toolapplication of OSX.
It works under OS9 with OMS and Logic.

I also tried to typed in:

pd -midiindev 1 -midioutdev 2

but didnt change anything.

maybe I missed complety something of the basics of handling with the
OSX terminal?......

thanking for helping me with getting to know PD...

miyazaki s

P.S "To get MIDI working, you have to do the Mac OSX magic    {whats
that??????? maybe thats the point?}    to get a USB MIDI interface
installed.  I've seen this done with Midisport devices and I think you
just download the OSX driver and follow directions.

On the machine I tried, it was necessary to type,
pd -midiindev 1 -midioutdev 2
to get MIDI working. "
(from: PD Documentation)