[PD] Limiter Patch

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri May 23 18:53:52 CEST 2003

There are two externals (that I know of) that might suit your needs:

- compressor~ by Yves Degoyon (http://ydegoyon.free.fr/software.html)
- limiter~ made by me. It is a stereo look ahead limiter and can be found here: http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/freeverb/

In the end you're right, you just have to adjust the volume according to incoming signal levels. More advanced compressors do that in different independend frequency bands.

Olaf