[PD] P4 optimisation [for Linux?]

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sat May 24 23:34:48 CEST 2003

Frank Barknecht schrieb:

> > Forgot to mention that this version is compiled using a current portaudio
> > snapshot. So maybe it solves some audio hardware problems on Win as well...
>
> Ahem, maybe also on Linux: did you change anything special in the Pd
> source to use a newer Portaudio?

No, I just copied the files from portaudio (v18!) CVS into the corresponding
folders.

But this is in pd0.36! AFAIK portaudio on Linux is only used in 0.37. But it
should be possible as well to update the portaudio sources for 0.37. Just don't
touch the pablio folder since it contains files that have been changed to work
with Pd.

Olaf